Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy 2 Month Birthday Jack!

How does 2 months go by so quickly? Jack is growing all the time. There are mornings where I wake up and swear he got bigger even over night. I have to admit, I wanted him to stay small at first, but as he starts to try new things and respond to us in different ways it only gets me excited for him to get bigger.


A few thoughts on his 2 month birthday...
*He is now following people around with his eyes. It started first Easter Sunday when he caught a glimpse of a waiter/waitress moving and followed them around. He's only getting better at this skill everyday.
*Jack is starting to recognize faces and facial expressions. He knows my (Jenny's) face the best (of course)!
*"I could eat you up!" Alan and I had a conversation about this phrase before Jack was born. Alan heard someone say it at some point, but he didn't quite understand the meaning of it. I recently overheard Alan with Jack in the other room and the phrase "I could just eat you up" came out of Alan's mouth. I had to laugh a little. When I asked him about he said he finally got it...it's when you're kissing him and you really just can't get enough...you just want to "eat him up."
*Jack has a small case of F.O.M.O. (Fear Of Missing Out). There are times where he is beyond exhausted, but his eyes only open up bigger to attempt to take it all in. That or he sleeps with one eye open...another interesting little trick.
*Who does Jack look like? Most people say Alan. Alan will agree except for when Jack cries...which is when he says Jack looks like me.
*New tricks include a lot of smiling, tons of cooing (to which we talk right back to), sticking out his tongue, and finding his hand (literally his whole hand...he tries to fit the entire fist into his mouth).
*We're learning to put him down more and he's learning to love it. It's actually been a lot of fun to watch him start to play on his own and hear him respond to what he's looking at. He still loves his changing table the best!
*To celebrate his 2 month birthday, Jack decided to roll over! He may have had a little help, but he did it! We had him doing tummy time propped on a little pillow. He was so mad the whole time, but managed to push him self right over (the leverage didn't hurt I'm sure). He had no idea what he was doing, but it's fun to know he did it!


A birthday can't pass without a celebration. So, we went out with friends Katie and Robert for a little 2 month birthday...Jack loved every minute of it!










No comments:

Post a Comment