Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 3 in Nashville

I'm a little more tired starting today than I was yesterday, but we packed it full once more. Alan is my built in babysitter this week, so wherever I go, he and Jack follow:) It was Day 2 for me at Parents Day Out, so Jack and Alan spent the morning once again at Immanuel visiting with more great friends there. After I was through, we headed to lunch with Richard White. Halfway through Rebecca Dover joined us after driving from Knoxville just to meet us and Jack! Rebecca was the very first person to know about Jack last summer, so this was definitely a meeting we had been waiting for.








Lucky for me (since I was pretty spent after only 2 days of travel), the rain cancelled my afternoon photo shoot which meant I got to take a nap and Jack got to spend the afternoon with the Dover women and Alan. It was a good thing too because Jack had his very first play date this evening with one Lindley M Davidson. And of course we got our own "play date" with Sam and Lynette...only 2 months old and we're already saying things like play dates:) It really was the cutest thing though. Lindley is 6 weeks older than Jack and just as cute as can be. It's really fun to watch a baby that's older than him and imagine how he'll be at that stage. She is a happy girl too with lots of smiles and tons of talking. When we got there she was laying on her play gym (one of the coolest play gyms I've ever seen actually), so we put Jack right next to her.








They laid there for quite some time totally content having no idea there was another baby anywhere near them. They'd randomly smack one another (or at least Lindley smacked Jack...she's stronger than he is, but still totally unaware of where she's flailing her arms at the moment) or grab onto each other, but still they had no idea that what they were touching was anything other than the toys around them. We had a great time with Sam and Lynette too:)




I did walk away a little jealous of the space they had for baby Lindley, space which allowed them to have more cool baby gear throughout the house. It's too bad we don't live close anymore, play dates will just have to be a little more planned out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment