Wednesday, June 30, 2010

not my favorite doctor's visit

Today Jack had his 4 month doctor's visit...it didn't go particularly well. Jack's length and head size are growing just fine, but his weight has dropped pretty dramatically in the last 2 months. As a mother who is exclusively breastfeeding (and would love to continue to do so) this was pretty hard news to take in. Our pediatrician is phenomenal and handled my emotions and tears perfectly. She now has me on a pretty strict feeding regiment for the next 2 weeks at which point she wants to see Jack again to be sure his weight is going back up. Besides the emotion of hearing that his weight was not what it should be, I'm even more overwhelemed by the process of having to fix it. This may be more information than you want to read about, but I now have to feed Jack, then pump while giving him a bottle at EVERY feeding for the next 2 weeks. Needless to say it's going to be a very confining two weeks and definitely a moment where living in the city will feel quite isolating. Cross your fingers, say a prayer, do whatever you'd like...let's just hope this works and quick.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Jenny! The next 2 weeks will be tough, but you can do it and I know Jack will hang in there with you too. I dont know if your doctor made any dietary recommendations and I know this seems silly, but I drank a ton of milk when I was nursing Maggie. You certainly have our prayers.

    ReplyDelete