Friday, June 18, 2010

a big week of firsts...

It has begun...sleep training! I must admit, the whole idea of sleep training leaves me feeling dumb and helpless, but we're learning. The first step included cleaning out the crib:) No more cradle for Jack. (Truthfully, I'm a little sad not to have the storage space inside his crib anymore.) We started Sunday by laying him in his very own crib at "bedtime" (11:30pm mind you) and letting him work it out on his own. It took 27 minutes of "working it out", but then he slept peacefully for 7 1/2 hours....not too bad. The next night, was only 6 minutes! We've put him down all week on his own and he's had to cry it out for a minute or two each night, but tonight was the ultimate success...I put him down without the sleep positioner (his first night without it since we brought him home), he looked up at me and cried for 2 seconds then layed there looking up with a look of "this is what I wanted you to do all along". He didn't fall asleep right away, but took advantage of being able to roll around (I think he was happy to be rid of the sleep positioner) and "played it out" on his own. YEAH!! Now, if I could only figure out how to make bedtime 10:00pm...


Related to sleep, here's a video from his nap one afternoon. I heard some noise, but no crying and walked into his room to find him awake and totally content by himself...I'm still wishing for an earlier bedtime first, but waking up happy like this is next on the list.




AND just for fun...here's Jack's first time ever being in the crib:)

No comments:

Post a Comment