Sunday, August 15, 2010

Jack's new ride

Finally Jack has a new ride in the city...the fabulous BOB! I love it so much already. Since he is in it everyday (literally everyday), I need something that makes my life easier and more maneuverable. I can now go up and down subway stairs BY MYSELF (before I could only go down alone and couldn't come up without help). I can push his stroller with one hand or one finger if I feel like showing off. And I can now start a "mommy and son" exercise routine. I am not a runner and do not think I'll ever really love running, but I'm planning to learn to tolerate it and make it part of my life as a mom. I haven't started said exercise routine yet (maybe next week), but it doesn't make the BOB any less special. The only slightly difficult adjustment is that Jack now faces away from me. For the last 5 1/2 months I've been able to see his face and what he's doing at all times since he was either in a stroller that faced me or attached to me in the ergo carrier. The first time I put him in it, I felt a little like Maggie Gyllehyaal's character in the movie "Away We Go" (if you haven't seen it...rent it now) when she opposes strollers because you are "pushing your child away from you". I'm sure I'll get over this quickly. For now, I just peek around the front every 2 blocks to see what Jack's up to:)




No comments:

Post a Comment