Saturday, July 31, 2010

let the party begin!

Yesterday was Alan's Golden Birthday and we celebrated as a family, but today we will celebrate with friends. I probably stressed out about this day for far too long, but I think it was worth it. It was a rooftop party (on top of Metro...go figure). My goal (and only reason for allowing myself to throw a party on Metro's roof) was to transform the space and "fill it up" as best as I could. With a tent, lanterns, lots of lights, a movie screen, and good food and drinks, I think it was accomplished. Good friends Leighanne and Johnson put up with my over-particularness all day and helped me set up. More good friends showed up to the party and helped to calm me down when things weren't in the exact right place. Then, finally Alan showed up and the party began! It was such a great night...I think Alan is officially welcomed into his thirties!






See..taking care of Jack and enjoying the party all at the same time! (He's asleep in Robert's room, just so you know.)


The oh-so-helpful party planners.

No comments:

Post a Comment