Thursday, September 2, 2010

back on track

Jack had his official 6 month check up today and it was a good day with Dr. Grant. After 2 months of "extra care" to Jack's weight needs (meaning he is about 2/3 breastfed and 1/3 bottle fed), I think we have it all figured out since he now weighs 16lbs 1 oz! He has moved from the 9% to the 21% in just 1 month! Way to go Jack! And if I may say so, Way to go Mommy!


Apart from the good news of weight, we also talked about introducing Jack to solid foods. Since we won't see Dr. Grant for another 3 months there was a lot to go over. I expected the conversation to include things like vegetables and fruits, but she threw me for a loop when she said at the end of our conversation to start giving him cheerios and a sippy cup....WHAT?!? How is it possible that Jack can be allowed to have these things? Dr. Grant saw the shocked looked on my face and laughed. "You'd think I just told you your son is going off to college!" I'm not overly dramatic about Jack's growing up, but this one really threw me. Cheerios and a sippy cup mean a baby much older than Jack...and in my mind it means you're moving out of the "baby stage". Needless to say, I haven't run out to buy these things for him just yet:)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Mommy! And yea Jack! Maybe I have the opposite problem - at 2 months Nora weighs 13 lbs - Yikes!!! And as for your baby growing up too fast - just wait for pre-school, "big kid" toys and the "I do it myselfs." To see Maggie these days you'd think she was 13.

    ReplyDelete